Note: Due to small size heating issue will be generated, but will not affect the working of the product.
To avoid excessive heating you can use external heatsink.
It is powered by a powerful ATSAMD21, similar to the Trinket M0. With a smaller footprint and faster speed compared to most Arduino boards here, the Seeeduino XIAO is perfect to integrate into almost any projects from wearables to small robots. The Seeeduino XIAO is the smallest Arduino compatible board in Seeeduino Family. It is an Arduino microcontroller that is embedded with the SAMD21 microchip with rich interfaces as well allowing it to be capable of being a tiny Dev. Board as well.
Apart from the strong CPU, Seeeduino XIAO is excellent in many other functions. Despite being this small size, it has 14 GPIO PINs, which can be used for 11 analog PINs, 11 digital PINs, 1 I2C interface, 1 UART interface, and 1 SPI interface. Some PINs have various functions, A1/D1 to A10/D10 Pins have PWM functions and Pin A0/D0 has a function of DAC which means you can get true analog signals not PWM signals when you define it as an analog pin, that’s why 14 GPIO PINs can realize more I/O PINs and interfaces.
The Seeeduino XIAO supports the USB Type-C interface which can supply power and download code. In addition, there are power pads at the back of the XIAO which support battery and make designing wearable devices easy and simple.
Usually a Dev. Board as small as this size will use the chip’s inner crystal oscillator for time fixing, in order to make the clock more accurate, Seeeduino XIAO layouts an extra 32.768KHz to make the clock more stable.
And of course, the Seeeduino XIAO is perfectly compatible with Arduino IDE which allows you to easily develop small projects with the help of the large and comprehensive Arduino library.
- Wearable devices
- Rapid prototyping (directly attached to the expanded PCB as a minimal system)
- Perfect for all the projects need mini Arduino
- DIY keyboard
- USB development (USB to multi-channel TTL/USB host mode, etc.)
- A scenario where you need to read multiple mock values The DAC output
- Powerful CPU: ARM® Cortex®-M0+ 32bit 48MHz microcontroller(SAMD21G18) with 256KB Flash,32KB SRAM
- Flexible compatibility: Compatible with Arduino IDE
- Easy project operation: Breadboard-friendly
- Small size: As small as a thumb(20×17.5mm) for wearable devices and small projects.
- Multiple development interfaces: 11 digital/analog pins, 10 PWM Pins, 1 DAC output, 1 SWD Bonding pad interface, 1 I2C interface, 1 UART interface, 1 SPI interface.
1 x Seeeduino XIAO – Arduino Microcontroller – SAMD21 Cortex M0+