The Cytron SmartDrive40 40AMP DC MOTOR DRIVER (PEAK 80AMP) MDS40A is one of the latest smart series motor drivers designed to drive medium to high power brushed DC motor with current capacity up to 80A peak and 40A continuously.
MOSFETs are switched at 16 KHz to ensure quiet operation and no annoying whining sound. Besides, it also equipped with a microcontroller unit to provide some smart features such as multiple input mode, current limiting, and thermal protection.
SmartDrive40 can also be hooked up with another similar unit and operates in the pair. This makes driving a robot with differential drive a truly plug and play experience. This SmartDrive40 is also suitable to use in Combat Robot because it is able to drive starter motor and operate in RC mode.
Warning: The +5V output is designed to power the RC receiver only. Do not connect any servo to the RC receiver and do not use the +5V output to power any other circuit.
- Bi-directional control for a single brushed DC motor.
- Support motor from 7V to 25V.
- Maximum current up to 80A peak (1 second), 40A (5 minutes) or 30A (> 20 minutes) continuously.
- 16 KHz switching frequency for quiet operation.
- Reverse polarity protection.
- LiPo battery low voltage warning.
- Thermal protection.
- Current limiting base on temperature.
- Multiple input modes: RC, Analog, PWM, Simplified Serial and Packetized Serial.
- On board push button for manual operation.
Package Includes :
1 x Cytron SmartDrive40 40AMP DC MOTOR DRIVER (PEAK 80AMP) MDS40A