SmartDriveDuo10 is smart brush motor driver, support dual channels, 10A continuous current for each channel. Building a combat/sumo robot become easy, choose motor+wheel, get a proper battery, connect it to MDDS10, choose an RC controller and you have a robot !! Do check the User’s Manual for details.
With knowledge and feedback we gathered from MD10C, MDD10A, MD30C, MDS40A, and MDS160A, we are thrilled to launch this smart motor driver and can’t wait to see what you can do with it.
SmartDriveDuo10 has the specification of MDD10A which is able to drive two brush motor at 10A each, plus additional smart features of MDS40A. It has the capability to accept RC (Radio Control) signal for mix mode drive, analog voltage from the potentiometer, PWM from the microcontroller, and even controlled via UART command. the operation modes are configured by the DIP switch on MDDS10. The commonly DIP switch configurations are printed at the back of PCB. MOSFETs are switching at 16KHz for quiet operation.
With the onboard temperature sensor, this smart driver is able to limit the output current stage by stage to prevent itself from overheat and burnt! The peak current is 50A for 5 seconds and it will automatically limit the output current.
Not to forget, to make it RC receiver friendly, we have added 2×3 header pin, with just 2 RC extension cable, the wiring is done, and it takes 2 minutes!
With MDDS10, you can now series up two SLA battery to power your motor as it supports up to 35V DC input. And you only require one power input to operate the motor and driver. Don’t worry, 3-cell and 6-cell Lipo battery are within the operating voltage 🙂 Hey! It also comes with battery low voltage warning feature, what else do you need?
Note: The driver has NO polarity protection, please double check the polarity of connection before power On.
- Single power operation
- Dual Channels means it can drive two brush motor independently, or mixed.
- Operating modes: RC (RC servo signal), Analog, PWM, simplified and packetized UART.
- Support Signed magnitude and Locked Anti-phase in PWM mode.
- Two manual/test buttons for each channel.
- Two output indicator LEDs for each channel.
- Power, Error indicator, RUN status (Left and Right) LEDs
- On board reset button to restart the MCU after changing operation mode.
- Temperature feedback for current limit and prevent overheating of MOSFET.
- Suitable for combat or sumo robot.
- 16KHz switching frequency for quiet operation.
- Onboard switching voltage regulator for higher power efficiency.
- Battery low voltage monitoring mode.
- We have tried this driver with single power window motor at 24V, full load without smoke coming out 🙂