With SmartElex 10D DC Motor Driver HAT for Raspberry Pi let your robotic dreams come true with the new Motor Driver HAT from Robulabs. This Raspberry Pi add-on is perfect for any motion project as it can drive 2 DC motors with full PWM speed control.
Brush DC motors Driver are the most widely used drivers due to their low cost and simple drive control options. But since the Raspberry Pi does not have a lot of PWM pins, we have design use a fully-dedicated PWM driver HAT with onboard control to both motor direction and speed which can be easily interfaced with all versions of Raspberry Pi you already have.
SmartElex 10D DC Motor DriverHAT is powerful motor driver board. This motor driver is fabricated with great specifications that make it useful for a wide variety of mechatronics.
The wide operating voltage range and easy to interface with microcontrollers (MCU) which allows you to quickly adopt this module into applications.
How to Use:
SmartElex 10D can be controlled in two ways as follows
1. Using 2-control signals to control the speed and direction of the motor. PWM is feed to the PWM pin to control the speed while DIR pin is used to control the direction of the motor.
2. Only 1 control signal is needed to control the speed and direction of the motor. PWM pin is connected to logic high while the DIR pin is being fed with the PWM signal. When the PWM signal has a 50% duty cycle, the motor stops running. If the PWM has less than 50% duty cycle, the motor will turn CW (or CCW depending on the connection). If the PWM signal has more than 50% duty cycle, the motor will turn CCW (or CW depending on the connection).
Note: Colour of the product may vary based on availability.
Some basic information about motor drivers, their controlling modes, and a comparison table is provided in this article. Click here to read.
- Wide 6V to 28V motor Operating Voltage.
- Continuous 10A maximum current without Heatsink and 30A peak current for 10 Seconds.
- Two brushed DC motor Bidirectional control.
- Current limiting at 35A.
- PWM frequency up to 32KHz
- Support TTL PWM from the microcontroller
- Internal thermal shutdown
- Under-voltage lockout
- PWM and direction controlled driving of four externally powered NMOS transistors
- 3V and 5V logic level input.
1 x SmartElex 10D DC Motor Driver HAT
1 x User Manual