The SmartElex GPS HAT is one of the easiest to use GPS HAT for Raspberry Pi. It is suitable for all version of Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Zero. The HAT takes over the Pi’s hardware UART to send/receive data to and from the GPS module. If your project is going to be inside the enclosure, you’ll love this HAT as it has external antenna support. Simply connect an External active GPS Antenna to antenna connector on the HAT
This HAT equipped with Quectel L86 ultra-compact GNSS POT (Patch on Top) module with an embedded patch antenna and utilizes the MediaTek’s new generation GNSS chipset MT3333 that achieves the perfect performance and having exceptional performance both in acquisition and tracking. Comes as a fully assembled GPS + PCB and an additional 2×20 GPIO header.
- High sensitivity: -167dBm @Tracking, -149dBm @Acquisition.
- The multi-GNSS engine for GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and QZSS
- 99 acquisition channels, 33 tracking channels.
- Balloon mode, for high altitude up to 80km.
- Only 26mA current draw.
- PPS VS. NMEA can be used for time served.
- Support SDK command developed by Quectel.
- Automatic antenna switching function.
- Built-in Real Time Clock (RTC) – slot in a CR2031 backup battery for 7-years or more of timekeeping even if the Pi is off!.
- PPS output on a fix.
- Internal patch antenna which works quite well when used outdoors + uFL connector for an external active antenna for when used indoors or in locations without a clear sky view.
- Fix status LED blinks to let you know when the GPS has determined the current coordinates.
- Great anti-jamming performance due to multi-tone active interference canceller.
- LOCUS, an embedded logger function without the need to host an external flash.
1 x SmartElex GPS HAT for Raspberry Pi
1 x Battery connecting Cable with JST Plug