As of Now, Smartlex was providing only GSM HAT separately to interface with Raspberry Pi, So now its time to integrate GSM/GPRS/GNSS clustered functions into a single device suited for Raspberry Pi. A new module has been introduced by SmartElex with these appended functionalities and it is named as per its properties, GSM/GPRS/GNSS Bluetooth HAT
SmartElex GSM/GPRS/GNSS HAT connects your Raspberry Pi to a cellular GSM Network! It directly plugs onto your Raspberry Pi. HAT adjusted to the GPIO connectors compatible with Raspberry Pi 3 / 2 / Zero which provides the connection to GSM, GPRS, GPS, and Bluetooth. It allows the voice chat, send SMS messages, connect to the Internet, transfer data via Bluetooth, has a navigation system. On the Board is the connector for SIM card, micro USB, 3.5 mm jack, battery and two (GSM and GPS )antenna connector.
The HAT is equipped with the Quectel M60 Module which integrates a high-performance GNSS engine and a quad-band GSM/GPRS engine. The GNSS engine is a single receiver integrating GPS, GLONASS and Galileo systems. It supports multiple positioning and navigation systems including autonomous GPS, GLONASS, SBAS for all communication with the HAT is through a serial interface. AT commands are used to configure and communicate with the HAT.
The HAT assembled with all essential hardware required for your Raspberry Pi based GSM Project which includes GSM Module, SIM Card Holder, Cellular Antenna, headphone connector, Bluetooth 3.0 with Antenna, etc. It greatly simplifies your GSM project and allows you to quick start your GSM project using all versions of Raspberry Pi
- Power on the raspberry pi module with the raspbian OS installed on it.
- Connect the SmartElex HAT to the Raspberry Pi
- Insert a sim card to the HAT module to perform GSM operations.
- After connecting the Power to HAT, the Power (PWR) led will be in an ON state.
- Now Press and Hold the Power key (PWR) for 3 seconds to Turn the HAT ON.(Do Same to turn it OFF)
- The Network(NET) LED will blink in a continuous manner and after obtaining the range for the SIM card, its blinking pattern will be Change.
HAT Connection with Raspberry Pi:
|HAT||Raspberry Pi Pins|
|Rx||GPIO14 / BCM14 /UART0 Tx|
|Tx||GPIO15 / BCM15/ UART0 Rx|
|Reset||GPIO25 / BCM25|
Jumper J1- connects RX of GPS MC60 to Tx of Raspberry Pi (GPIO14/BCM14/UART0 Tx)
Jumper J2- connects TX of GPS MC60 to Rx of Raspberry Pi (GPIO15/BCM15/UART0 Rx)
- Quad-band full-featured GSM/GPRS (850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900MHz).
- GNSS receiver channels: 99 acquisition/ 33 tracking channels
- Include Onboard Bluetooth BT 3.0 with an antenna.
- Controlled via AT commands.
- Autobauding 4800bps to 115200bps.
- Maximum download speed 85.6kbps.
- Send/Receive SMS
- Make/Receive voice call with the help of Onboard 3.5mm audio jack.
- Integrated the GNSS technology for satellite navigation. Multi navigation constellation: GPS/ GLONASS/ QZSS.
1 x SmartElex GSM/GPRS/GNSS Bluetooth HAT.
1 x Detachable GSM Antenna.
1 x Detachable GNSS Antenna.
1 x Input Power cable.
1 x User Manual.
Be the first to review “SmartElex GSM/GPRS/GNSS Bluetooth HAT for Raspberry Pi”