The DS75176B is a high-speed differential TRI- [email protected]/line transceiver designed to meet the requirements of EIA standard RS485 with an extended common-mode range (+12V to —7V), for multipoint data transmission. In addition, it is compatible with RS-422. The driver and receiver outputs feature TRI-STATE capability, for the driver outputs over the entire common-mode range of +12V to —7V. Bus contention or fault situations that cause excessive power dissipation within the device are handled by a thermal shutdown circuit, which forces the driver outputs into the high impedance state. DC specifications are guaranteed over the O to 700C temperature and 4.75V to 5.25V supply voltage range.
- Meets EIA Standard RS485 for Multipoint Bus Transmission and is Compatible with RS-422.
- Small-Outline (SOIC) Package Option Available for Minimum Board Space.
- 22 ns Driver Propagation Delays.
- Single +5V Supply.
- −7V to +12V Bus Common-Mode Range Permits ± 7V Ground Difference Between Devices on the Bus.
- Thermal Shutdown Protection.
- The pinOut is Compatible with DS3695/A and SN75176A/B.
- Combined Impedance of a Driver Output and Receiver Input is Less Than One RS485 Unit Load, Allowing up to 32 Transceivers on the Bus.
1 x SN75176N RS-422/RS-485 Interface IC DIP-8 Package