The Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 Mini is a breakout and development board for the nRF52840, a powerful combination of ARM Cortex-M4 CPU and 2.4GHz Bluetooth radio from SparkFun. With the nRF52840 at the heart of your project, you’ll have access to an almost limitless number of project possibilities in a surprisingly small package.
Most of the critical I/O pins, including GPIO and those required for power, are separated on our mini development board for the nRF52840, which has a footprint that is nearly identical to the Arduino Pro Mini (except those covered by the Qwiic Connector). It has a USB interface (which takes advantage of the nRF52840’s native USB support) that can be used to program, power, and communicate with the chip, allowing it to be used for any purpose (UART, I2C, SPI) that the Arduino Pro Mini can. A Raytac MDBT50Q-P1M module is included in the Pro nRF52840 Mini. This module connects the nRF52840 to a trace antenna, fits the IC into an FCC-approved footprint, and includes many of the decoupling and timing mechanisms that a bare nRF52840 design would require. A LiPo battery charger, a Qwiic connector, an on/off switch, a reset switch, and a user LED/button are also included onboard.
- Smart home (such as door locks, lighting) sensors and controllers
- Industrial IoT sensors and controllers
- Health/fitness sensor and monitor device
- Wearables with wireless secure payment
- Low power requirements, ultra-low peak, average and idle mode power consumption.
- Be compatible with a large installed base of mobile phones, tablets, and computers.
- Fully coverage of BLE software stack.
- BLE & RF transmission switching helps products fit all operation systems and most hardware.
1 x SparkFun Pro nRF52840 Mini – Bluetooth Development Board