Spresense is a compact development board based on Sony’s power-efficient multicore microcontroller CXD5602. It allows developers to create IoT applications in a very short time and is supported by the Arduino IDE as well as the more advanced NuttX based SDK. This mainboard includes both the Sony CXD5247GF and the CXD5602GG processor chips and includes an onboard GPS chip antenna, a camera interface, USB based 0debug interface and a 26 pin extension connector. Several add-ons can be made or purchased to support additional features like LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth BT/BTE and image sensors.
- Integrated GPS – The embedded GNSS with support for GPS, QZSS, and GLONASS enables applications where tracking is required.
- Hi-res audio output and multi-mic inputs – Advanced 192kHz/24-bit audio codec and amplifier for audio output, and support for up to 8 mic input channels.
- Multicore microcontroller – Spresense is powered by Sony’s CXD5602 microcontroller (ARM® Cortex®-M4F × 6 cores), with a clock speed of 156 MHz.
Getting Started with Spresense Main Board CXD5602 Microcomputer for IoT Application
- [PWR] Power LED: Power LED. Emits blue light when power is supplied.
- [RST] Reset button: Reset button.
- [LED0] to [LED3]: Four user-controllable green LEDs.
- [CN2]: Micro USB Type-B connector.
- [CN4]: B-2-B 100-pin connector to interface to additional boards. This connector is on the underside.
- [CN5]: Camera connector.
- [BR] Boot recovery button: This is used when restoring to the factory reset state. Only for recovery, normally not needed.
- Sony’s CXD5602 Processor
- 8 MB Flash memory
- PCB with a small footprint
- Dedicated camera connector
- GNSS (GPS) antenna
- Pins and LEDs
- Multiple GPIO (UART, SPI, I2C, I2S)
- 2 ADC channels
- Application LED x 4 (Green)
- Power LED (Blue)
- USB serial port
1. High-precision Positioning Features
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Multiple GNSS systems supported
GPS, GLONASS, SBAS, Galileo, and Beidu
2. Advanced High-Resolution Audio features
- 192 kHz/24-bit High-Resolution Audio Codec
- 192 kHz A/D converter
- 8 channel microphone inputs (for digital microphones)
- Full digital amplifier with BTL stereo output
3. Extensive computing power
- Hexa-core ARM® Cortex®-M4F
- FD-SOI technology for low-power processing
- ASMP framework for inter-CPU communication
- Features: GNSS: GPS, GLONASS | Analog Input: 2 ch (0.7 V range)
Package Includes :
1 x Spresense Main Board CXD5602