This is a TB6612 D1 Motor Driver Shield. This mini D1 motor uses the Toshiba TB6612 D1 driver chip to control up to two DC motors at a constant current of 1.2A (3.2A peak). Two input signals (IN1 and IN2) can be used to control the motor in one of four function modes: CW, CCW, short break, and stop. The two motor outputs (A and B) can be controlled separately, the speed of each motor is controlled via a PWM input signal with a frequency of up to 100 kHz. The STBY pin must be pulled high to bring the motor out of standby mode.
All the pins on the TB6612 D1 are split into two 0.1 “latching headers, the pins are arranged such that the input pins are on one side and the output pins are on the other.
- Standby control mode
- I2C mode: Control TB6612’s STBY with I2C protocol
- IO mode: Control TB6612’s STBY with “S” pin
- Shield reset mode
- short: reset with d1 mini (reset at power on or press d1 mini’s reset button)
- open: reset by “DTR” pin.
1. Interface: I2C
2. Power supply voltage: VM = 15V max
3. Output current: Iout = 1.2A ( average ) / 3.2A ( peak )
1 x TB6612 D1 Motor Driver Shield
1 x All essential Berg connector set