Looking to cool down your DIY project or any electronic device then you are at the right product. The TEC1 12706 40×40 mm Thermoelectric Cooler 6A Peltier Module is the simple application of the Peltier Thermoelectric Effect. The module features 127 semiconductor couples in the area of 40 x 40mm which very effectively cools and heats up to 90°C.
The thermoelectric cooler is also known as TEC or Peltier Module creates a temperature differential on each side. One side gets hot and the other side gets cool. They use to either warm something up or cool something down; above all, you can use either side. You can also take advantage of a temperature differential to generate electricity.
A thermoelectric cooler (TEC) module is a semiconductor-based electronic component that functions as a small heat pump. By applying the DC power source to a TEC, heat will be transferred from one side of the module to the other. It creates a cold and hot side. They are widely useful in industrial areas, for example, computer CPUs, CCDs, portable refrigerators, medical instruments, and so on.
- Max. Operating Temperature: 138 Degree C
- Do not exceed Imax or Vmax when operating a module.
- Please carry out moisture protection options (sealing) in final application use.
- Life expectancy: 200,000 hours
- Failure rate based on longtime testings: 0.2%.
Connection Diagram of TEC1 12706 with Arduino:
Important Note!! The heat side requires a heat sink all the time. “ Do not run this device with a power supply more than a few seconds without a heatsink mounted to the device! ”
To Explore More about Peltier Modules, Click here
- Small module.
- Operable up to 138°C.
- Easy transition between the hot side to the cool side and vice-versa just by reversing the polarity of the supply.
- Quality tested cooling cells.
- Solid-state, vibration-free, noise-free.
- Simple to install and operate.
- Should use with a heat sink.
1 x TEC1 12706 Thermoelectric Cooler cooler 12 Volt 92 Watt.