The TMC2100 is a complete micro-stepping motor driver with a built-in encoder. This module is compatible with the A4988 and DRV8825 stepper motor drivers. The TMC2100 controls the micro-stepping itself, whereby the precision increases and the sound production decreases. Please note that the pinout and VREF of this module is different from the A4988 and DRV8825, read the datasheet carefully before use.
Use of the TMC2100 drive module:
1. When use in the Ramps1.4 or MKS Gen, or Lerdge touch screen motherboard, please remove the 3 jumper cap under the socket.
2. Please pay attention to direction.
3. The heat sink is directly attached to the PCB.
4. The motor direction is opposite to that of A4988 and DRV8825, please adjust the firmware or adjust the motor wiring if you want to change to 4988. And if you use the Lerdge motherboard, please set the direction directly in the setting page of the direction of the motor.
1. Drive current algorithm: i=Vref*1.9/2.5, the default Vref about 0.65v, so the default current 0.5A, the maximum current 1A
2. Vref measurement of Gnd and potentiometer intermediate voltage.
3. Don’t connect to the motor when measuring voltage, otherwise, it is easy to burn the drivers.
4. the measurement of the voltage should be switched on. Don’t just connect the USB power supply.
Attention: please put TMC2100 drivers in the correct direction on the board.
1 x TM C2100 Stepper Motor Driver Module