This TP4056 1A Li-ion Lithium Battery Charging Module with Current Protection – Mini USB is a tiny module, perfect for charging single cell 3.7V 1 Ah or higher lithium ion (Li-Ion) cells such as 16550s that don’t have their own protection circuit. Based on the TP4056 charger IC and DW01 battery protection IC this module will offer 1A charge current then cut off when finished.
Furthermore, when the battery voltage drops below 2.4V the protection IC will switch the load off to protect the cell from running at too low of a voltage – and also protects against over-voltage and reverse polarity connection (it will usually destroy itself instead of the battery) however please check you have it connected correctly the first time.
Manufactured under fully machinery processing. Each module is tested OK before shipment from Robu.in so it has high reliability for the best performance. In conclusion, it is special design for a single lithium battery charging. TP4056 Other features include the current monitor, under-voltage lockout, automatic recharge, and two status pin to indicate charge termination and the presence of an input voltage.
To know more about how to use TP4056 Charging module click here!
Using the module:
- Connect mini USB cable for power, or 5V DC to pads marked IN+ and IN- on the left-hand side of the module
- Connect cell to charge to B+/B- pads on the right-hand side of the module.
- A load (something for the battery to power) can be connected to the OUT+/OUT- pads on the right-hand side
- Important! Disconnect load when charging
- The red LED indicates charging in progress, a green LED indicates charging has finished.
- Never charge your battery at a rate greater than 1C.
1. Ampere meter can only be connected to a 5v input end of the module.
2. It is better than the charging current is 37% of the battery capacity. If you charge the battery of 1000mAh, a current of 400mAh is enough.
3. The connection wire should not be too thick.
4. Make sure the connect point is good.
5. If the input voltage is too high, like 5.2v, the current will be less than 1000mA, it is normal. It is protection function, auto-subtract the charging current to avoid burn damage to the chip.
6. NO Reverse polarity.
We have 3 more such charging boards employing same TP4056 chip which are available at Robu.in and they are different according to the onboard USB port and current protection they provide,
1) TP4056 1A Li-Ion Lithium Battery Charging Module – Micro B USB
2) TP4056 1A Li-ion lithium Battery Charging Module – Mini USB
3) TP4056 1A Li-Ion Battery Charging Board Micro USB with Current Protection
- Led indicator: red is charging Green is fully charged.
- Current Protection: Yes
- Inversed polarity: NO.
- Use mature charging chip TP4056 for simple peripheral circuits, good protection performance, and high charging accuracy.
- Fully machinery automated processing, all patch parts manufacturing.
Package Includes :
1 x TP4056 1A Li-ion Lithium Battery Charging Module with Current Protection – Mini USB
transistorlogic0and1 (verified owner) –
Build quality is good and works well….packaging was appropriate…..I’m charging one “orange icr 18650 20C” li ion battery with this….
awesome buid quality 👌
but delivery is not good
Satyakam Srivastava (verified owner) –
Good product, used it to charge 18650 battery, performing well for over charge and under charge.
Satyakam Srivastava –
2009anandsingh (verified owner) –
1. It is lipo4, not for li-ion. Charging voltage – 3.77v
2. The current is less than 1A, it’s approx 700mA.
You should buy if team(Robi) tests and updates the artefacts
ykprakash (verified owner) –
Physically OK. Not tested yet.
adobeadi511 (verified owner) –
a very good product