This is a TTGO TCall & SIM800C-DS V02 ESP32 WIFI Bluetooth Nano Card Slot SIM800C Development Board. The Module is a custom ESP32 based development board with an onboard 2G/GPRS Module SIM800C. The new board combines ESP32 WiFi & Bluetooth WiSoC with SIMCom SIM800C GPRS module, and also happens to rely on a USB-C port for power and programming instead of the more common micro USB port on this type of hardware.
There’s limited information about the board, and basically, all we got is this Github repo with a link to an Arduino sample, a library to control Seeduino GPRS, as well as datasheets and AT commands set for SIM800. Checking out Seeeduino GPRS Wiki may help getting started with the TTGO T-Call board.
- We will need “StreamDebugger.h” header file. To download it, go to “Attachments” tab of webpage. Download and unzip the folder. Copy the entire folder into your Arduino folder or in Libraries folder.
- For main program, download the ZIP folder given in “Attachments” tab of webpage. Unzip the folder, goto Examples folder. Select Arduino TinyGSM folder. Open arduino file.
- Copy the link given following into Preferences of Arduino IDE. Stable Link: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/gh-pages/package_esp32_index.json . After that, click OK.
- Now, go to the Tools->Board->Board Manager. Search ESP32. Install it.
- After installation, go to “ESp32 Arduino” menu which is below the Board Manager. Select “ESP32 Wrover Module”.
- It is mandatory to insert the SIM card which has 2G bands also.(Non-JIO because JIO does not have 2G bands). Also, write your SIM’s Access Point Name in the program.
- Uncomment the following line: #define SIM800C_AXP192_VERSION_20200609 .
- Select correct COM port, compile and upload the program. Check the output in Serial monitor.
- The wireless module is integrated with ESPRESSIF-ESP32 240MHz Xtensa dual-core 32-bit LX6 microprocessor.
- It needs a power supply of 5V/1A and has a Type C port.
- It features 802.11 b/g/n wifi protocol and Bluetooth v4.2BR/EDR and BLE standard protocol.
- The wireless communication module supports cloud server development and SDK for user firmware development.
1 x TTGO TCall & SIM800C-DS V02 ESP32 WIFI Bluetooth Nano Card Slot SIM800C Development Board
1 x Power Connecting cable
1 x Sticker Antenna
1 x Berg Pins.
Be the first to review “TTGO TCall & SIM800C-DS V02 ESP32 WIFI Bluetooth Nano Card Slot SIM800C Development Board”