If you are wandering to navigate the distance with a drone then this GPS Module is needed for you. GPS drones are equipped with a GPS module that allows them to know their location relative to a network of orbiting satellites. Connecting to signals from these satellites allows the drone to perform functions such as position hold, autonomous flight, return to home, and waypoint navigation.
NEO-M8N High Precision GPS Module with Built-in Compass for APM and PIXHAWK FC is the new Neo-M8N GPS module that includes an HMC5883L digital compass. This module has a high level of sensitivity and features active circuitry for the ceramic patch antenna. It also comes enclosed in a plastic case to protect the module from the elements. This module outputs precise position updates at 10Hz and also has a rechargeable backup battery for warm starts. The NEO-M8N is configured to run at a baud rate of 38400 and can be used with Pixhawk and APM (you might need to modify the cable to fit your autopilot board).
NEO-M8N GPS Module for APM2.52 Flight Controller with Case and GPS Antenna Mount to protect the GPS preventing electromagnetic interference. A new generation NEO-M8N GPS Module, with low power consumption and high precision, the ultimate accuracy is 0.6 meters, actually almost 0.9 meters, greater than the previous generation NEO-7N 1.4-1.6 meters accuracy. Support GPS/QZSS L1 C/A, GLONASS L10F mode or more. The NEO-M8N and ceramic antenna make this a very accurate receiver, fast locks & lots of satellites, and the stand is very sturdy to protect the GPS preventing electromagnetic interference.
The most important improvement with this module is the vast sensitivity it offers. This module receives concurrent reception from GPS/QZSS, GLONASS, meaning that you should get an excellent signal no matter where you are in the world. Not only does it have these excellent reception capabilities, but it also maintains its low power consumption. This module is also backward compatible with the NEO-7, NEO-6, and NEO-5 families.
This module also comes with a circular mounting pad.
- When the GPS modules have power, the blue LED will flash for a second (probably less than a full second). It will then flash constantly once it has a position lock.
- This module comes with a genuine chip that enables you to update the firmware* and change the configuration via U-Center. However, if you do not need this functionality.
- Due to the flash memory of this specific module, you cannot update the V3.01 firmware as the firmware file is too big.
- This is a product of ReadyToSky brand powered by chip inside
- This module comes with 5 pin connectors connected by default (i.e.Ready to connect to APM FC) and an extra 6 pin connector for PIXHAWK FC for Swapping.
Connector difference of PIXHAWK and APM FC:
Watch the video to know how to swap the connectors.
How to interface the GPS module with Raspberry Pi and Arduino?
Hookup guide Click here!
- GPS/QZSS L1 C/A, GLONASS L10F, BeiDou B1.
- SBAS L1 C/A: WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS.
- Galileo-ready E1B/C (NEO-M8N).
- Nav. update rate1 Single GNSS: up to 18 HZ.
- Assistance AssistNow GNSS Online.
- Assist Now GNSS Offline (up to 35 days)3.
- Assist Now Autonomous (up to 6 days).
- OMA SUPL & 3GPP compliant
- Oscillator TCXO (NEO-M8N/Q).
- Crystal (NEO-M8M).
- RTC crystal Built-In.
- Noise figure On-chip LNA (NEO-M8M). Extra LNA for.
- lowest noise figure (NEO-M8N/Q).
- Anti-jamming Active CW detection and removal.
- An extra onboard SAW bandpass filter (NEO-M8N/Q).
- Memory ROM (NEO-M8M/Q) or Flash (NEO-M8N).
- Supported antennas Active and passive.
- Odometer Travelled distance.
- Data-logger For position, velocity, and time (NEO-M8N).