Ublox NEO-M8N High Precision GPS Module with Built in Compass for APM and PIXHAWK FC is the new Ublox Neo-M8N GPS module that includes an HMC5883L digital compass. This module has a high level of sensitivity and features active circuitry for the ceramic patch antenna. It also comes enclosed in the plastic case to protect the module from the elements. This module outputs precise position updates at 10Hz and also has a rechargeable backup battery for warm starts. The Ublox NEO-M8N is configured to run at a baud rate of 38400 and can be used with Pixhawk and APM (you might need to modify the cable to fit your autopilot board).
Additionally, you can connect the same module to All versions of PIXHAWK Flight Controller just after swapping its 5-pin connector with an extra 6-pin connector provided in Package.
So if you want GPS telemetry for your FPV flying or camera ship? This new generation Ublox GPS NEO-M8N is the answer. Capable of accuracy between 0.6 and 0.9 meters it is a significant improvement over previous models. Sattelite searching and acquisition is very fast, generally taking around ten seconds to locate and acquire up to 6 satellites. It also has a built-in compass with a 10Ghz refresh rate and a low noise figure which ensures this GPS module offers excellent performance.
The NEO-M8N provides the best performance and easiest RF integration of all the NEO-M8 configurations. The NEO form factor allows easy migration from previous NEO generations. Sophisticated RF-architecture and interference suppression ensure maximum performance even in GNSS-hostile environments. NEO-M8 combines a high level of robustness and integration capability with flexible connectivity options. The future-proof NEO-M8N includes an internal Flash that allows simple firmware upgrades for supporting additional GNSS systems.
Ublox NEO-M8N GPS Module for APM APM2.52 APM Flight Controller with Case and GPS Antenna Mount to protect the GPS preventing electromagnetic interference. A new generation Ublox GPS NEO-M8N GPS Module, with low power consumption and high precision, the ultimate accuracy is 0.6 meters, actually almost 0.9 meters, greater than the previous generation NEO-7N 1.4-1.6 meters accuracy. Support GPS/QZSS L1 C/A, GLONASS L10F, BeiDou B1 protocol, and mode or more. The NEO-M8N and ceramic antenna make this a very accurate receiver, fast locks & lots of satellites, and the stand is very sturdy to protect the GPS preventing electromagnetic interference.
The most important improvement with this module is the vast sensitivity it offers. This module receives concurrent reception from GPS/QZSS, GLONASS and BeiDou meaning that you should get an excellent signal no matter where you are in the world. Not only does it have these excellent reception capabilities, it maintains its low power consumption. This module is also backward compatible with the NEO-7, NEO-6, and NEO-5 families.
This module also comes with a circular mounting pad.
- When the GPS modules have power, the blue LED will flash for a second (probably less than a full second). It will then flash constantly once it has a position lock.
- This module comes with a genuine Ublox chip that enables you to update the firmware* and change the configuration via U-Center. However, if you do not need this functionality.
*Note: due to the flash memory of this specific module you cannot update to the V3.01 firmware as the firmware file is too big.
Connector difference of PIXHAWK and APM FC:
Note: This Module comes with 5 pin connector connected by default (i.e.Ready to connect to APM FC) and extra 6 pin connector for PIXHAWK FC for Swapping.
If you need the module with 6 pins connector connected by default (i.e.Ready to connect to PIXHAWK FC), It is also available on our site having SKU: 57286 (Click to see the product)
Watch the video to know how to swap the connectors.
- GPS/QZSS L1 C/A, GLONASS L10F, BeiDou B1.
- SBAS L1 C/A: WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS.
- Galileo-ready E1B/C (NEO-M8N).
- Nav. update rate1 Single GNSS: up to 18 HZ.
- Assistance AssistNow GNSS Online.
- Assist Now GNSS Offline (up to 35 days)3.
- Assist Now Autonomous (up to 6 days).
- OMA SUPL & 3GPP compliant
- Oscillator TCXO (NEO-M8N/Q).
- Crystal (NEO-M8M).
- RTC crystal Built-In.
- Noise figure On-chip LNA (NEO-M8M). Extra LNA for.
- lowest noise figure (NEO-M8N/Q).
- Anti-jamming Active CW detection and removal.
- Extra onboard SAW bandpass filter (NEO-M8N/Q).
- Memory ROM (NEO-M8M/Q) or Flash (NEO-M8N).
- Supported antennas Active and passive.
- Odometer Travelled distance.
- Data-logger For position, velocity, and time (NEO-M8N).
Find detail description in datasheet at Attachment