UDOO Neo Development Board (Extended) is the perfect solution for wireless mobile IoT applications.
You can use it as a Headless Device, exploiting the USB ports and the Wireless Connectivity – a powerful Wi-Fi b/g/n and the newest Bluetooth 4.0. You can also use it as a computer, thanks to its 1GB of RAM. The board is compatible with most Arduino shields, sensors, and actuators. UDOO Neo Development Board (Extended) is also compatible with UDOO Bricks: programmable modules, like the temperature sensor and the barometric sensor, that you can add to make UDOO Neo Development Board (Extended) even more versatile.
UDOO Neo Development Board (Extended) can be powered in three ways. You can use:
- A standard 12 volts power supply, we recommend this one
- A Micro USB cable like the one we have in our USB Kit
- Any USB battery pack available on the market.
Comes in 3 Configurations:
- Basic : 512MB RAM + Ethernet
- Extended : 1GB RAM + Bluetooth/Wi-Fi + Motion Sensors
- Full : 1GB RAM + Bluetooth/Wi-Fi + Motion Sensors + Ethernet
What’s UDOO Neo?
UDOO Neo embodies a new concept: a single board computer suitable for the Post-PC era:
- Like a Raspberry Pi, you can program it in any language and run a full Linux environment with graphic interfaces.
- You get all the simplicity of an Arduino-compatible board, thanks to the Cortex-M4 and the Arduino UNO pinout layout, with the possibility of adding most Arduino™ shields, actuators and sensors, both analog and digital.
- An incredible, smoothly-running Android 4.4.3, it gives you the possibility to build new Android-based smart devices.
- You get a wireless module: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n + BT 4.0 (Classic Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy), because we hate cables.
- 9-axis motion sensors are embedded, to build your perfect drone/robot/3D printers/whatever or create new kinds of interactions with the real world.
- Open-source hardware: because we love to let you hack things or create new devices from scratch!
What makes UDOO Neo different from Raspberry Pi or Arduino™?
UDOO Neo is the most innovative and versatile single board computer regarding connectivity. How can we connect the world with single board computers without Wi-Fi connection?
UDOO Neo is born to be wireless, featuring both a powerful Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and a Bluetooth 4.0 module – Classic Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy – to connect to nearby objects, smart and mobile devices like speakers, microphones, tablets, smartphones, smart watches, beacons, cameras, smart trackers, headphones, NAS devices, smart TVs, smart cars and many other wireless devices.
UDOO Neo supports Android Kitkat 4.4.3. It will be a Vanilla Android: an Android version without any customization, in order to allow you to fully customize.You will also be able to install Google Apps like Google Play, Chrome, Google Now, YouTube and so on.UDOO Neo is the perfect platform to program in the Cloud due to its unprecedented connectivity. However, we won’t force you to use a proprietary cloud service. You can program locally, without staying connected or relying on proprietary servers. Or you can program in the Cloud. There are several open-source solutions online you can already use to program in the Cloud through UDOO Neo.
UDOO Neo specs
UDOO Neo comes in two versions. Compared to the standard UDOO Neo, UDOO Neo Basic has 512MB of RAM, and doesn’t have embedded motion sensors or ethernet.
- NXP i.MX 6SoloX applications processor with an embedded ARM Cortex-A9 core and a Cortex-M4 core
- Integrated 2D/3D graphics controller
- Micro HDMI interface – LVDS interface + touch (I2C signals)
- Analog camera connection supporting NTSC and PAL – 8-bit parallel camera interface
- MicroSD card slot onboard – 8-bit SDIO interface
- HDMI audio transmitter – S/PIDF & I2S
- 1x USB 2.0 Type-A ports – 1x USB OTG (micro-AB connector)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Direct Mode SmartConfig and Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy
- Green Power Status LED – User Configurable LEDs (Red and Orange)
- Integrated Sensors: 3-Axis Accelerometer – 3-Axis Magnetometer – 3-Axis Digital Gyroscope – 1x Sensor Snap-In I2C connector
- Arduino-Compatible through the standard Arduino Pins layout and compatible with Arduino shields
- 32 extended GPIOs (A9 dedicated) – 22 Arduino GPIOs (M4 dedicated)
- 6 available Pins
- Android Lollipop & Linux UDOObuntu2 (14.04 LTS)
For detailed specification please refer to the Datasheet of the product.
1 x UDOO Neo Development Board (Extended).