Unicorn HAT Mini by PIMORONI is a 17×7 matrix of RGB LEDs that can be controlled, both in terms of color and brightness, to display animations, text, simple images, and more. The four tactile buttons add tonnes of utility to control the color or brightness of the LEDs, or as controls for simple games, or whatever else you like.
There’s no fiddly soldering, as the header is pre-attached. Just pop it onto your Raspberry Pi and start pooping out rainbows faster than you can say “Richard of York gave battle in vain”.
Unicorn HAT Mini uses non-smart RGB LEDs, the same as Unicorn HAT HD, rather than NeoPixel or DotStar-type addressable LEDs, driven by two LED matrix driver chips (the Holtek HT16D35A).
- 17×7 matrix of RGB LEDs (119 total)
- Individual colour/brightness control of each LED
- Holtek HT16D35A LED matrix driver chip
- Four tactile buttons
- Mini HAT-format board
- Fully-assembled (no soldering required)
- Compatible with all 40-pin header Raspberry Pi models
1 x Unicorn HAT Mini