Sporting a matrix of 32 (8 x 4) RGB LEDs and powered directly from the Pi, this is the most compact pocket aurora available.
Unicorn pHAT provides a wash of controllable color that is ideal for mood-lighting, pixel art, the persistence of vision effects, status indications, or just blasting color into your surroundings.
- Warning: SK6218 LEDs are bright enough to cause eye pain, do not look at them directly when brightly lit. We recommend using Unicorn pHAT at lower brightness levels.
- Photo-sensitivity warning: flashing, strobing, and patterns of lights may cause epileptic seizures. Always take care and immediately stop using if you feel unwell (dizziness, nausea, affected vision, eye twitching, disorientation).
- Power: Unicorn pHAT works best with a >2A micro USB power supply for your Pi. We recommend the official Raspberry Pi power supply.
- Compatibility (Audio): as Unicorn pHAT uses PWM and GPIO18, it will interfere with analog audio playback (random color patterns and flickering). HDMI should work just fine!
- 32 RGB LEDs (SK6218 – 3.5mm x 3.5mm)
- LED data drove via DMA over PWM
- Compatible with all 40-pin header Raspberry Pi models
- Female header requires soldering
1 x PIMORONI Unicorn pHat for Raspberry Pi