E-paper display utilizes microcapsule electrophoretic technology for displaying, the principle is charged particles suspended in the clear fluid will move to sides of microcapsule when an electric field is applied, making the microcapsule become visible by reflecting ambient light, just as traditional printed paper. This is a Waveshare 4.01inch 640×400 Pixels ACeP 7-Color E-Paper E-Ink Display HAT for Raspberry Pi. The module Consists of Advanced color electronic paper technology and it supports a 7-color display. E-paper display will clearly display images/texts under lamplight or natural light requires no backlight and features nearly up to 180° viewing angle. It is usually used as an e-reader due to its paper-like effect.
Note: Raspberry Pi is not included in this package.
- Advanced Color ePaper (ACeP) technology, supports a 7-Color display
- No backlight keeps displaying last content for a long time even when power down
- Ultra-low power consumption, basically power is only required for refreshing
- Standard Raspberry Pi 40PIN GPIO extension header, supports Raspberry Pi series boards, Jetson Nano
- SPI interface, for connecting with controller boards like Raspberry Pi/Jetson Nano/Arduino/STM32, etc.
- Onboard voltage translator, compatible with 3.3V / 5V MCUs
- Comes with development resources and manual (driver board schematic diagram, examples for Raspberry Pi/Jetson Nano/Arduino/STM32)
1 x Waveshare 4.01inch 640×400 Pixels ACeP 7-Color E-Paper E-Ink Display HAT for Raspberry Pi