This Waveshare 7inch Capacitive Touch Display for Raspberry Pi with 5MP Front Camera 800×480 DSI which can be used with the same commands as the official Raspberry Pi camera module.
The display is a 7″ panel offering up to 5-point capacitive touch (OS dependant) and 800×480 resolution. The screen connects to your Raspberry Pi via the same DSI ribbon cable and 5V/GND jumper wire method as the official Raspberry Pi display. This leaves the majority of your GPIO pins free for your project.
The display backlight can be adjusted via software/touch and the generous outer bezel also makes this a great option for integrating into your project enclosure. The included camera module connects to your CSI port via the included ribbon cable and uses a 5MP OV5647 sensor which can shoot images up to 2592×1944 and videos up to 1920x1080P @30FPS (full specs below).
The display comes with fixings, ribbon cables and jumper wires.
- 7″ DSI display for Raspberry Pi
- Supports Raspberry Pi OS driver-free
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi boards with a DSI connector – Raspberry Pi 4, 3B+, 3A+, 3
- 800×480 resolution
- 5-point capacitive touch
- 5MP OV5647 Camera
- CSI interface, supports 1920x1080p@30, 1280x720p@60, 640×480p@60, 640×480p@90
- I2C touch port
- Toughened glass panel
- Supports backlight adjustment via software
- DSI interface, refresh rate up to 60Hz
- Low power consumption
For Hardware and Software setup, please follow this tutorial.
1 x 7inch DSI LCD
1 x FPC 15PIN 1.0 pitch 50mm (opposite sides)
1 x FPC 15PIN 1.0 pitch 120mm (opposite sides)
1 x 2PIN wire 10cm
1 x Screws pack