The CP2102 USB UART Board (micro) is an accessory board that features the single-chip USB to UART bridge CP2102 onboard. It features Single-Chip USB to UART Data Transfer with no external resistors required, no external crystal required and an on-chip power-on reset circuit and voltage regulator.
The USB suspend states supported via SUSPEND pins and UART has all handshaking and modem interface signals.
This is a great little tool for embedded systems that require a serial connection to a computer. The board can simply attach to a USB bus and will appear as a standard COM port.
Pin connections of FT232 USB UART Board:
- VCCIO ↔ 3.3V or 5V output (the module is powered from USB, the onboard jumper should be shorted to 3.3V or 5V)
- GND ↔ GND
- TXD ↔ MCU.RX (signal direction: MCU.RX << FT232 << PC.TX)
- RXD ↔ MCU.TX (signal direction: MCU.TX >> FT232 >> PC.RX)
- RTS ↔ MCU.CTS (signal direction: MCU.CTS << FT232 << PC.RTS)
- CTS ↔ MCU.RTS (signal direction: MCU.RTS >> FT232 >> PC.CTS)
This breakout also allows you to connect the TX/RX pins of your favorite microcontroller or serial application to the RX/TX pins of the breakout, creating a simple serial cable replacement.
- Single-Chip USB to UART Data Transfer.
- Integrated 1024-Byte EEPROM.
- USB Specification 2.0 compliant; full-speed (12 Mbps).
- USB suspend states supported via SUSPEND pins.
- All handshaking and modem interface signals.
- 576 Byte receive buffer; 640 bytes transmit buffer.
- Hardware or X-On/X-Off handshaking supported.
- Virtual COM Port Device Drivers.
- USBXpress Direct Driver Support.
- Other pins are accessible on drilled holes, easily connected to the user application system (separate pin headers are provided)
1 x CP2102 USB UART Board (micro)
2 x 4-pin male pinheader & 4-pin female pin header
1 x 6-pin custom connector jumper wire
Be the first to review “Waveshare CP2102 USB UART Board (Micro-USB)”