This is a Waveshare Industrial IoT Wireless Expansion Module Designed for Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4.
This is an industrial expansion module based on Raspberry Pi CM4, which features common interfaces such as Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI, USB, and GPIO, allowing additional 4G / 5G / LoRa wireless communication modules to be connected via the M.2 or Mini-PCIe socket. There are also industrial interfaces/resources including RS485, CAN, and RTC.
Combined with the industrial rail-mount protection case, the module is an ideal choice for building IoT gateway, 4G/5G router, IoT data acquisition, or even the PLC device in the industrial automatic control system, and more.
- CM4 SOCKET: suitable for all variants of Compute Module 4
- NETWORKING: Gigabit Ethernet RJ45
- M.2 B KEY / Mini-PCIe (via adapter), for connecting 5G / 4G / LoRa wireless module
- Nano-SIM card slot, supports standard Nano-SIM card for 5G/4G/3G/2G communication
- USB USB: 2.0 × 3
- PIN HEADER: Non-isolated RS485 × 2, Non-isolated CAN × 1, Partial GPIO pins
- CAMERA MIPI: CSI-2 × 1 (15pin 1.0mm FPC connector)
- VIDEO HDMI: × 1, supports 4K 30fps output
- RTC Real-time clock with a battery socket and ability to wake Compute Module 4
- STORAGE: MicroSD card socket for Compute Module 4 Lite (without eMMC) variants
- FAN HEADER: 5V/12V, allows speed adjustment and measurement
To do Hardware and Software setup, please follow this tutorial.
1 x Waveshare Industrial IoT Wireless Expansion Module Kit
1 x CM4-IO-WIRELESS-BASE
1 x PCIe to 4G/LoRa adapter
1 x Screwdriver
1 x Screws pack
1 x SIM7600G-H-PCIE
1 x PCB antenna IPEX connector