This is an RS232 device data acquisitor / IoT gateway designed for an industrial environment. It combines multi functions in one, including serial server, Modbus gateway, MQTT gateway, RS232 to JSON, etc. The module features RS232 and an Ethernet port and uses screw terminals for power input. The rail-mount case design is small in size and easy to install. It is very suitable for collecting all kinds of RS232 instruments and sensors in the industrial field, including the collection of local networks or the autonomous collection and delivery of uploaded cloud servers.
- As an IoT gateway, it serves as a communication bridge between devices and the cloud.
- Power, smart meters, and energy consumption monitoring.
- Remote monitoring and program download of various types of automation PLCs.
- Various configuration software and device communication interfaces.
- Internet of equipment in the field of access control security.
- Supports TCP server, TCP client, UDP mode, and UDP multicast. As a TCP client, it also supports TCP server-side functions. Supports 30 TCP connections as a TCP server and 7 destination IPs as a TCP client.
- Supports the baud rate of 1200~115200bps, the data bit supports 5~9 bits, and the parity bit can be no check, odd check, even check, mark, or space.
- Support the function of sending MAC address on device connection, which is convenient for cloud management of devices.
- Provides a secondary development kit DLL development library for computer-side search and configuration of devices.
- Support Web browser configuration, support DHCP dynamic acquisition of IP, DNS protocol connection name server addresses.
- Support remote search for devices, configure device parameters and upgrade device demos in the cloud.
- Support remote viewing of the TCP connection status, serial port data sending, and receiving the status of the device through software. The virtual serial port supports the data monitoring function.
- Model: RS232 TO ETH (B)
- Type: Serial server, Modbus gateway, MQTT gateway
- Basic Function: Bi-directional transparent data transmission between RS232 and Ethernet
- Communication Interface: RS232 port x 1, Ethernet port x 1
- Power Supply Screw terminal: DC 6~36V Screw terminal DC 6~36V or PoE Ethernet port
- Isolation Protection: Power isolation, signal isolation protection
- Common Ethernet port
- 10 / 100M auto-negotiation RJ45 connector, 2 KV surge protection
- Serial Port: Isolated RS232
- Baud Rate: 300 ~ 115200 bps
- Parity Bit: None, odd, even, mark, space
- Data Bit: 5 ~ 9 bit
- Flow Control: No flow control
- Protocol: ETHERNET, IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, ARP, ICMP, DHCP, DNS
- Config Method: Host, web browser, device management functions library
- Communication Methods: TCP/IP direct communication, VCOM
- Operating Mode: TCP server, TCP client (coexisting with TCP server), UDP, UDP multicast
- Operating Temperature: -40℃ ~ 85℃
- Humidity Range: 5% ~ 95% relative humidity
- Dimensions: L × W × H：87 × 36 × 59 mm
- Weight: 63g
1 x Waveshare Industrial serial server, RS232 to RJ45 Ethernet Module
Be the first to review “Waveshare Industrial Serial Server RS232 to RJ45 Ethernet TCP/IP to serial, rail-mount support”