NB-IoT/Cat-M(EMTC)/GNSS HAT For Raspberry Pi, Based On SIM7080G, Globally Applicable. This is a telecommunication HAT which features multi communication functionalities: NB-IoT (Narrow Band-Internet of Things), Cat-M (aka eMTC, enhanced Machine Type Communication), and GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System).
With the developing of telecommunication technology LTE, 2G/3G networks are fading away, the future world would be dominated by IoT technologies consisting of low bandwidth NB-IoT/Cat-M and high bandwidth 4G/5G standards. This HAT supports global bands of NB-IoT and Cat-M, as well as positioning function. Due to its advantages like small size, low delay, and wide coverage, it is the ideal choice for IoT applications such as intelligent instruments, asset tracking, remote monitoring, e-health, and so on.
- Standard Raspberry Pi 40PIN GPIO extension header, supports Raspberry Pi series boards
- Supports communication protocols such as TCP/UDP/HTTP/HTTPS/TLS/DTLS/PING/LWM2M/COAP/MQTT
- Supports GNSS positioning (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, and Galileo)
- Onboard USB interface, to test AT Commands, get GPS positioning data, and so on
- Breakout UART control pins, to connect with host boards like Arduino/STM32
- Onboard voltage translator, 3.3V by default, allows to be switched to 5V via onboard jumper
- SIM card slot, supports ONLY 1.8V SIM card (3V SIM card is not available)
- 3x LED indicators, easy to monitor the working status
- Common baudrate auto-negotiation: 9600/19200/38400/57600/115200 bps
- Comes with development resources and manual (examples for Raspberry Pi/Arduino/STM32)
To do Hardware and Software setup, please follow this tutorial.
1 X SIM7080G Cat-M/NB-IoT HAT
1 X LTE antenna
1 X GPS External Antenna (B)
1 X USB type A plug to micro plug cable
1 X 2×20PIN female header
1 X RPi screws pack (2pcs)