VL53L1X Distance Sensor is a Time-of-Flight (ToF) ranging module based on the VL53L1X from ST, with accurate ranging up to 4m and fast ranging frequency up to 50 Hz, it is controlled through I2C interface, and pretty low power consumption.
The Waveshare VL53L1X ToF Distance Ranging Sensor Ranging up to 4m that embeds the ST’s third-generation FlightSense technology. Compared with the second generation VL53L0X, the VL53L1X extends the ToF ranging distance up to 4m, and features fast ranging frequency up to 50 Hz.
Unlike conventional ranging sensors, the VL53L1X integrates physical infrared filters and optics, uses ST’s latest generation ToF technology which allows absolute distance measurement whatever the target color and reflectance, achieves better anti-interference capability.
- Mobile robot (fast distance ranging, obstacle detecting, wall tracking)
- User detection to power on/off and lock/unlock devices like personal computers/laptops/tablets
- Drones (landing assistance, hovering, ceiling detection)
- Smart building and lighting (people detection, 1D gesture recognition)
- Camera (autofocus enhancement in low light, video focus tracking assistance
- I2C communication interface
- control the module on/off via IO pins
- Onboard voltage translator
- compatible with 3.3V/5V operating voltage
- Comes with development resources and manual (examples for Raspberry Pi/Arduino/STM32)
- Operating voltage: 3.3V/5V
- Dimension: 20mm × 24mm
- Mounting holes size: 2.0mm
- Ranging distance: 40 ~ 4000mm
- Ranging accuracy: ±5%
- Ranging time (min): 20ms (short distance mode), 33ms (medium/long-distance mode)
- Field of view: 27°
- Laser wavelength: 940nm
- Operating temperature: -20 ~ 80°C
For Software setup, please follow this tutorial.
1 x VL53L1X Distance Sensor
1 x PH2.0 6PIN wire 20cm