Renesas Unveils First-ever 60W Wireless Power Receiver
The world’s first 60W wireless power receiver, delivers faster wireless charging experiences for smartphones, laptops, and notebook devices
Renesas Electronics Corporation, a supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, has introduced the world’s first 60W wireless power receiver. The new P9418 delivers faster wireless charging experiences for smartphones, laptops, and notebook devices in the industry’s highest power-density solution.
Featuring Renesas’ exclusive WattShare technology, the highly integrated P9418 wireless power receiver delivers up to 60W of power in a single chip. This enables quick and convenient charging on the go beyond smartphones, including device charging for a variety of portable computing devices.
“The P9418 is the latest first-to-market example of our fast wireless charging technology, and we are proud to continue leading the way to convenient and cost-effective wireless charging for a range of mobile devices with our robust, safe and field programmable wireless power solutions,” said Dr. Amit Bavisi, VP of Wireless Power Group, Mobility Infrastructure and IoT Power Business Division at Renesas.
Based on Renesas’ proprietary WattShare technology, the P9418 is a highly integrated, single-chip wireless power transmitter/receiver IC (TRx) that can be configured to transmit or receive an AC power signal through magnetic induction. It builds on the proven P9415 wireless power receiver and provides an easy upgrade path for existing customers.
“With our broad portfolio of scalable wireless power solutions, we are excited to be part of transforming the charging experience for a wide variety of battery-powered applications,” added Dr. Bavisi.
The new P9418 also delivers advanced telemetry and proprietary charging protocols required for high-power applications.
- Single-chip WPC medium power wireless solution
- Delivers up to 60W as a receiver in highest power-density solution
- WattShare (TRx ) mode with up to 10W Tx capability
- Embedded 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 processor
- Best-in-class IOUT current sensing accuracy for enhanced foreign object detection capabilities
- MTP non-volatile memory for easy firmware and device function updates
- Bi-directional communications to support proprietary authentication with encryption
- Supports I2C 400kHz standard interface and GPIOs
- WPC 1.2.4 compliant and various proprietary charging modes
The P9418 wireless charging receiver can also be combined with Renesas’ power management portfolio, including its USB Type-C power delivery and battery charging solutions, to accelerate the development of applications.