ASSEMBLY OF MANUAL ROBOT
Block holding jaw
Supporting member for blocks
Explanation of different parts of robot and material used is explained below-
1. Design of Picking & Placing Mechanism for the Blocks:
For picking and placing of blocks the mechanism used is as shown:
It consist of 3 main parts:
1. As shown above link indicated by no.1 is rectangular bar having design like a hand.
Distance between 2 hands is 300mm.
2. No.2 shown is design to hold the blocks. It is the vertical bar having length 400mm. so it can hold 2 blocks .
3. No.3 shown is design to support the blocks. When robot will pick the block this 2 bars give support to it. Also 2 bars attached to link 1 is for support.
2. Gripping of Blocks In the Jaw:
As shown above to hold the blocks in jaw design made is indicated by no2. It is made of thin plastic bar so it will be flexible & easy to grip.
3. Lifting of a Jaw:
To lift the above mechanism “Rack & Pinion” arrangement is to be used. This is more accurate than pulleys , ropes etc. We can lift the blocks at desired levels as per requirement.
4. Drive Mechanism of Machine:
Direct motor drive is to be used. Motor is to be connected directly 2 rack.
It is less complicated and easy to connect.
While selecting a motor d.c. compound motor should be selected. It gives good speed variation. Also it can be directly connected with rack.
Body of the robot is to be made with aluminium.
Hand mechanism is also be made with Al while holding jaw with thin plastic. Also supporting bars to be made with plastic. Mating sections of body is tighten with screws.
No of wheels of robot are 3. They are similar to the trollys used for comps , tv’s etc.
They can bare more load & so safe to use.
In this 2 rear wheels are connected with axle. Front wheel is connected with manual controls. So when front wheel rotates rear wheels will follow it. axle is screwed to base frame.
8. Motor Mountings:
Dc motor to be used is directly connected with rack on same bar. Battery used to operate dc motor.