The All new GPS shield from SmartElex made to work great with your either UNO or Leonardo Arduinos and is designed to log data to an SD card. Or you can leave the SD card out and use the GPS for a geocaching project. This shield comes with most popular Quectel L86 Module
If your project is going to be inside the enclosure, you’ll love this shield as it has external antenna support. Simply connect an External active GPS Antenna to antenna connector on the shield and the module will automatically switch over to use the antenna. You can then place the antenna wherever you wish.
Note: In this shield, GPS Serial communication pins can be switched between Arduino hardware serial pins D1, D0 and for software serial library D9, D8 by DPDT Switch.
|Jumper||Pin Name||Arduino Pins|
- The multi-GNSS engine for GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and QZSS.
- Embedded patch antenna.
- Automatic antenna switching function.
- High sensitivity: -167dBm @Tracking, -149dBm @Acquisition
- 99 acquisition channels, 33 tracking channels
- Balloon mode, for high altitude up to 80km
- Support DGPS, SBAS (WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS/GAGAN)
- Great anti-jamming performance due to multi-tone active interference canceller
- Support SDK command developed by Quectel
1 x SmartElex GPS Data Logger Shield for Arduino
1 x User Manual
Works as expected. Yet to check the accuracy.