Adafruit Feather M0 Express is the first Feather specifically designed for use with CircuitPython! CircuitPython is a beginner-oriented flavor of MicroPython – and as the name hints at, it’s a small but full-featured version of the popular Python programming language specifically for use with circuitry and electronics.
At the Feather M0’s heart is an ATSAMD21G18 ARM Cortex M0+ processor, clocked at 48 MHz and at 3.3V logic, the same one used in the new Arduino Zero. This chip has a whopping 256K of FLASH (8x more than the Atmega328 or 32u4) and 32K of RAM (16x as much)! This chip comes with a built-in USB so it has a USB-to-Serial program & debug capability built-in with no need for an FTDI-like chip.
The Feather M0 Express uses the extra space left over to add a Mini NeoPixel, 2 MB SPI Flash storage, and a little prototyping space. You can use the SPI Flash storage like a very tiny hard drive. When used in CircuitPython, the 2 MB flash acts as storage for all your scripts, libraries, and files. When used in Arduino, you can read/write files to it, like a little datalogger or SD card, and then with our helper program, access the files over USB.
- Light as a feather – 5 grams
- ATSAMD21G18 @ 48MHz with 3.3V logic/power
- 256KB of FLASH + 32KB of RAM
- No EEPROM
- 32.768 kHz crystal for clock generation & RTC
- 3.3V regulator with 500mA peak current output
- USB native support comes with a USB bootloader and serial port debugging
- You also get tons of pins – 20 GPIO pins
- Hardware Serial, hardware I2C, hardware SPI support
- PWM outputs on all pins
- 6 x 12-bit analog inputs
- 1 x 10-bit analog ouput (DAC)
- Built-in 100mA LiPo charger with charging status indicator LED
- Pin #13 red LED for general purpose blinking
- Power/enable pin
- 4 mounting holes
- Reset button
1 x Adafruit Feather M0 Express – Designed for CircuitPython -ATSAMD21 Cortex-M0